Sunday, January 15, 2006

Be what you should be, where you are

From James W. Sire, "Chris Chrisman Goes To College:"

"The public face of Christianity has not been seen much. Christians are, of course, everywhere. From the high reaches of public office o the boardrooms of major corporations, from the exalted sphere of star professors to the laboratories of top research institutes, from natural science to social science to the humanities, from the fields of wheat to the shop floors of automotive manufacturers: Chrstians have permeated every field. But where is the evidence of their presence? As Guinness says, 'It's not that [Christians] are not where they should be, but that they aren't what they should be where they are.'

This then is the challenge of our age: to be what we should be where we are! To put a public face on Christianity, to be a light set on a hill, to be, as Lesslie Newbigin says, a sign, an instrument and a foretaste of God's sovereignty over all the nations, over every realm of life."

4 Comments:

At Mon Jan 16, 07:28:00 AM PST, Blogger Lorie said...

So true! I'm proof.

 
At Mon Jan 16, 07:42:00 AM PST, Blogger Bethany said...

What I'm struggling with is where I should be..I know I should be where I am but I feel like I'm being moved out of where I am and so where should I be? hmmm...

 
At Mon Jan 16, 02:39:00 PM PST, Blogger Jason Ramage said...

I feel the same way. The last thing I really want to do is back to school, but through time and prayer I've narrowed down my "where" to two choices and they both involve going back to school :)

 
At Tue Jan 17, 07:10:00 AM PST, Blogger Tom said...

'It's not that [Christians] are not where they should be, but that they aren't what they should be where they are.'

Yup sounds like me at work.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home