Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Something to gnaw on

Here's another something I wrote forever ago and forgot about until I ran across it while looking for another song. This one was conceived as a witness song rather than a congregational song (what some churches call "special music").


WHAT’S JUST BEYOND MY GRASP

first verse

Sleepless nights, internal fights I have in my mind

Every time Life throws a curve my way;

Should I have done things differently, or have I been blind?

Or is it just something I’m meant to face?

Sometimes I simply don’t know, but I know who does.

And He will give my heart peace if I’ll give Him my trust ...

chorus

In God’s hands I will leave the problems I can’t comprehend;

When I haven’t got the answers, I just turn to Him.

Some things I cannot explain, or even understand,

But what’s just beyond my grasp is in His hands.

second verse

It’s easier to keep the faith when I see God move –

When He lets me in on what He’s planned;

When He’s silent, I forget He doesn’t owe me proof

(As if I could give Him a reprimand)

He may not do things my way, but then again, who am I?

He can see more clearly – His throne sits On High.

repeat chorus

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home