Saturday, November 11, 2006

What kind of accent do you have?

What American accent do you have?
Your Result: The Midland

"You have a Midland accent" is just another way of saying "you don't have an accent." You probably are from the Midland (Pennsylvania, southern Ohio, southern Indiana, southern Illinois, and Missouri) but then for all we know you could be from Florida or Charleston or one of those big southern cities like Atlanta or Dallas. You have a good voice for TV and radio.

The West
Boston
The Inland North
The Northeast
Philadelphia
North Central
The South
What American accent do you have?
Take More Quizzes


This is me to a "T". I'm from southern Indiana. But I will say that I was in radion a decade ago, during which time I took a Voice and Diction class in college. Before then, I had a more "country" accent. It still comes out when I'm really nervous, really comfortable, or when I'm hanging out with others who have that accent.

7 Comments:

At Sat Nov 11, 10:23:00 AM PST, Blogger Emily said...

I got almost exactly the same! Even though I'm from Arkansas, I think (and people out here tell me) that my accent must be fading. Like you, mine slips out occasionaly... espcially when I'm around family/friends from the south.

 
At Sun Nov 12, 09:20:00 PM PST, Blogger Laura said...

Ummm... I think your accent is more Southern than that. But it says mine is a "Western" accent, whatever that means. I guess it means I grew up in Colorado, huh?

 
At Mon Nov 13, 06:00:00 AM PST, Blogger Bobby said...

To hear some people tell it, I'm not "Southern" but rather "a Yankee." LOL. Guess I'm just an all-around American boy.

"I am a real American,
Fight for the rights of every man,
I am a real American,
Fight for what's right -- fight for your life ..."

-- Hulk Hogan theme song from the 1980s.

 
At Mon Nov 13, 09:57:00 PM PST, Blogger Jason Ramage said...

Well, shoot far! I got a Midland acksent too!

 
At Tue Nov 14, 10:22:00 AM PST, Blogger RosieBoo said...

I got a Midland accent too...I've always been told I had a voice for radio....

 
At Tue Nov 14, 10:25:00 AM PST, Blogger Tim Rice said...

As bobby already knows, mine was the Northeast and Philadelphia in particular. It fits. I only live maybe twenty miles northwest of Philadelphia and lived in that area basically all my life.

 
At Tue Nov 14, 10:27:00 AM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't hide my Southern even on the Internet. (Not that I would try to, anyway)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home