Thursday, August 31, 2006

New Hymn/Poem For Ya

Here's a new hymn I wrote last weekend. I've been thinking about the problem of suffering lately:

How blessed we are through all the pain
That drives us to our knees,
That shows the weakness of our strength --
Proves Your sufficiency.
Through desperation, suffering
At last we see the truth:
We could not master our own fate --
That power lives in You.



How blessed we are through all the pain
That won’t let us forget
This life is not our final state;
You are not finished yet.
You left to build a place for us;
Why would we want to stay
And let the worries of this world
Steal our hearts away



How blessed we are through all the pain --
The lumber of our cross.
We take it up and journey on
Through Your own strength, in us.
We sing and pray through suffering,
Then others understand
That stubborn peace in perilous times
Comes from Your nail-scarred hands.

9 Comments:

At Thu Aug 31, 10:47:00 AM PDT, Blogger Tom said...

The first part stands out the most to me...I dunno at times it may be desperation but I wander how mush is not deperation but fear in times of molding and change?

Still all good words my friend...

 
At Thu Aug 31, 12:17:00 PM PDT, Blogger Bobby said...

Or for the third line of the second verse, how about I change it to:

"This life is just a stepping stone."

???

 
At Thu Aug 31, 01:25:00 PM PDT, Blogger Tom said...

Hmmm it's an idea, but I guess I would need to let it stew for a bit to see. I like where you are going with that but there may be a better way to get the point across on sharper terms.

Then again there is so much that one could say for that verse in the same context.

 
At Thu Aug 31, 04:29:00 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome hymn Bobby!

 
At Thu Aug 31, 05:49:00 PM PDT, Blogger Tim Rice said...

Great truths expressed.

 
At Fri Sep 01, 06:21:00 AM PDT, Blogger Bobby said...

Will, I knew you were lurking somewhere!

 
At Fri Sep 01, 07:42:00 AM PDT, Blogger Katie said...

i like the idea of "stubborn peace"

 
At Fri Sep 01, 08:28:00 AM PDT, Blogger Bobby said...

Thanks! Yeah, that's actually one of my favorite phrases in the song. I think it says a lot if you really think about it.

 
At Fri Sep 01, 02:08:00 PM PDT, Blogger Katie said...

exactly, i love that when you something as simple as two words can mean so much

 

Post a Comment

<< Home