Thursday, August 24, 2006

Jive Monkey Gold: Jive Talk

Now and again someone asks me what it means to be jive to the monkey, or why I have named my blog site Jive To The Monkey. So, for the benefit of you newbies, I will rerun a column that spells it all out for you. It first appeared in February of 2005. You'll note, as you read the end of this article, that there are still no pictures in my blog posts because the Stupid Technology Monkey still has me down:

What's all this "jive" talk?

"Jive to the monkey?" you ask. "What are you talking about?"
It's simple, really. "Jive to the monkey" is a philosophy of life, a way for you to carry your heavy burden, smiling all the while. Follow me:

The "monkey" is whatever ails you. You know, like "I have a monkey on my back." The monkey claws your shoulders, he breaths his banana-scented breath right in your face, he weighs you down. In short, the monkey is an insecure job, a tough class, a mean ex ... whatever.

So what do you do? Do you let that monkey drag you down? No ... you dance! You are JIVE to that chimp! Oh yes, you are jive.

"Look at me, monkey; I'm dancing! How do you like me now, monkey? Are you getting dizzy, monkey? What, you say you're scared? You want me to stop? Oh no, little monkey ... you wanted on, remember? You like mambo, monkey? How 'bout some breakdancing? Here we go, monkey, ring around the rosey ...."

So now, you people, I have prepared you for a new way of dealing with stress. You jive? Yes, you're jive. We're all jive. Jive to the monkeys that oppress us. Now, together, let us press on. And whenever that monkey starts to wear you down, just swing by the Jive To The Monkey Blog. Take your shoes off (not so much for your comfort -- I don't want you to get my rug dirty), let me get you some coffee. Listen to me ruminate on life, love, art, and whatever else pops into my head, and feel free to comment.

We'll have plenty of great features in this forum. Poetry, yarns, interviews with Cool Friends Of Mine (including some of you people reading this now), skits, Q & A sessions where I will answer your questions, and all manner of little tidbits. And by the way, no foreign language comments allowed. I've got my eye on all you Frenchies. I don't trust you, not one little bit.

P.S. There will be no pictures on this blog until I figure out how to do it. And that could take a while. Stupid Technology Monkey.

1 Comments:

At Fri Aug 25, 07:40:00 AM PDT, Blogger Bethany said...

Breathes his banana breath..classic

 

Post a Comment

<< Home