Thursday, October 26, 2006

Environmental Stewardship

Someone at my church recently asked us all, in our online chatroom, what we were each doing to positively impact the environment and too make wise use of energy resources. Here is my response. What are you doing? What could people do? What should Christians do?

I use public transportation (TARC) whenever I can, encourage carpooling, recycle cans, newspapers, and milk cartons, and argue endlessly that we (humans, not me personally) could make cars that run on anything we wanted them to run on if we were serious about it and that we could, through our elected officials, whip the oil companies into shape.

I turn off lights when I leave a room, don't use light I don't need, don't channel-surf the TV, don't run the AC or furnace more than necessary, or leave the fridge open too long.

Well, actually I leave the fridge open too long but that's because I want to make sure no tasty morsels have escaped me. But anyway, that's pretty much all I do. I'm sure I should do more. In general, I don't think about it enough.


SoundClick Now!

1 Comments:

At Thu Oct 26, 11:26:00 AM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, my brother. The Lord will return soon enough and this earth will pass away. We'll get a new heaven and new earth so it doesn't matter what shape this old one is in. The talk of the environment to the treehuggers.

This has been Harvey Brown.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home