Wednesday, October 04, 2006

SPECULATION CEASES -- BIG MUSIC ANNOUNCEMENT

Well, by now this isn't a surprise to those of you on my email list, but ...

After months of posting lyrics here and having to say, "Sorry I'm too stupid to figure out how to put an mp3 up online so you can hear it," I've done it! I've really done it! I found this company called "soundclick.com" that walked me through.

So now I have my own band page -- CLICK HERE and it will take you there, to soundclick.com/bobbygilles. Click on music and it will take you to 9 of my songs (including the one I posted the lyrics for last week on this blog). Listen to your heart's content. And vote "hot" instead of "flop" which helps the songs get promoted more within the "soundclick" universe.

One goal is to see if there are churches out there that would like to do these songs, which is why I'm just putting my hymn-based songs online. So hopefully if some of the songs go "up the charts" on soundclick, worship leaders/ pastors and what-have-you will see/hear them and decide to use them.

This is not a "record," mind you, made in an actual studio with musicians. These are just rough acoustic demos, so you have the opportunity to hear these songs in their "raw" state. Some of the songs feature vocals and occasional instrumental work of various friends, including fellow blogger Lorie King, who regularly harrasses me in the "Comment" section of this very blog.

Check them out and drop me a line to let me know what you think!

4 Comments:

At Wed Oct 04, 06:48:00 AM PDT, Blogger Katie said...

HA, I got the email and HA I guessed the suprise (well after I got the email of course) and HA that's really exciting and HA I already clicked the "hot" and not "flop" button but you have to register (sneaky they are to not tell you that upfront) and HA actually I have nothing else but I just liked saying HA

 
At Wed Oct 04, 07:29:00 AM PDT, Blogger Bobby said...

HA!

I didn't realize you had to register to click hot or flop. Hmmm. Well, registration is free. Which is good, I guess.

But anyway, you don't have to register to listen -- so if ya'll don't want to bother with registration, just forego the hot/flop stuff and listen. Thanks!

Katie, you are one smart cookie. Ha!

 
At Wed Oct 04, 11:04:00 AM PDT, Blogger Tom said...

Now all k8y needs is an a and then she is an 80's band! Talk about the cool points rolling in!

 
At Wed Oct 04, 02:09:00 PM PDT, Blogger Katie said...

Ha, AHA

k8y

 

Post a Comment

<< Home