Thursday, September 28, 2006

Ladies, let's talk about your fingers

HERE is a link to a report of an intriguing study that claims to have found a link between a woman's athletic potential and the size of her fingers.

Purportedly, if a woman's ring finger is longer than her index finger (which is rare in females)she is more likely to do well in sports and athletic activities.

Most males, including yours truly, have longer ring fingers than index fingers, which is "why men generally beat women in sports." I'm just kidding -- the report doesn't say that. Well, it does point out that men's ring fingers are longer than their index fingers, but I added the rest because I'm in a mischevious mood today.

Anyway, enjoy the article.

5 Comments:

At Thu Sep 28, 08:53:00 AM PDT, Blogger Emily said...

How weird! My ring finger is slightly longer than my index finger.. hmmm... i should have been a pro athlete. I missed my calling.

 
At Thu Sep 28, 09:18:00 AM PDT, Blogger Bobby said...

You're young. It's not too late to start training for the 2008 Olympics.

I vote you enter in Judo.

 
At Thu Sep 28, 11:04:00 AM PDT, Blogger Katie said...

I just saw this today on msnbc and immediately looked at my fingers. It didnt' suprise me that my ring finger is indeed NOT longer than my index finger proving that my lack of athletic skills is genetic (thank you for that excuse). Although I do have fingers the length of most people forearms so I think i am a natural freak of nature as it is.

 
At Thu Sep 28, 07:13:00 PM PDT, Blogger Nikki Leigh Daniel said...

YEAH! My ring finger is WAAAAY longer than my index finger. Not in a weird way...but my like...half an inch!

 
At Fri Sep 29, 05:42:00 AM PDT, Blogger Bobby said...

Tricky Nikki! It's great to hear from you. And obviously you're the little dynamo. What was that sport you played, and you posted a picture of yourself and your teammates on your blog? Basketball or softball, I think. And your teammates were all twice your size. That was a classic.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home