Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Well, this is a fine how-do-you-do

I just went to get my lunch out of the fridge here at work, to discover that someone stole three of my meatballs. The seal on my lunch had not been refastened all the way, so I know this isn't just a case of me inexplicably remembering incorrectly. Besides, I never forget details. I put 9 meatballs in my lunch, 3 of which have disappeared.

We've had major problems with lunch thieves here at work in the past, and I myself have had my lunch stolen before. This is the first case where someone has actually opened my lunch, taken what they wanted, and left the rest. I guess it would have been worse if they'd have taken the whole thing. I was left with 6 meatballs and the cheese potato casserole.

But oofta. This is NOT what I needed today.

Ain't life a whoopin' sometimes.

8 Comments:

At Tue Dec 26, 06:33:00 PM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I feel your pain Robert. I had my lunch taken a couple weeks ago. It's hard to believe that some people are that low-down to steal someone's lunch. Seizure later...

 
At Tue Dec 26, 07:05:00 PM PST, Blogger Emily said...

Ok... no one stole my lunch today, but the other day a skunk sprayed my car and it STILL stinks... so yeah.. life's a whoopin' sometimes :)

 
At Wed Dec 27, 05:21:00 AM PST, Blogger Bobby said...

Yeah, Will, it is mind-boggling.

But Emily does have us beat -- ain't much worse in this world than to be skunked.

 
At Wed Dec 27, 09:13:00 AM PST, Blogger Katie said...

No way, that's almost worse, such a flagrant lunch-fou. Actually I have to applaud the person who took them, because it takes guts to only take part of a lunch and then to leave clues that you had indeed taken it. I think you should have gone around smelling breaths seeking out the meatball bandit. Ok, maybe not because then you would have seemed a bit like a weirdo but then again nobody wants to steal food from a weirdo so that could work for you.

 
At Wed Dec 27, 07:35:00 PM PST, Blogger Bobby said...

"... but then again nobody wants to steal food from a weirdo so that could work for you."

Priceless.

 
At Mon Jan 01, 11:44:00 AM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well this has always been an issue at the places I have worked. One employee threatened to put laxatives in it so if anyone had a case of can't leave the bathroom.....you have a good idea who it was.

 
At Tue Jan 02, 08:24:00 AM PST, Blogger Lorie said...

The question, me thinks, is how many lunches have YOU stolen...? :)

 
At Tue Jan 02, 01:16:00 PM PST, Blogger Bobby said...

I only steal from you, King.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home