Wednesday, February 01, 2006

I'm in love. Again.

Last night, driving home, I decided to change the disc in my CD player. I put in my AKUS "Lonely Runs Both Ways" CD, and fell in love with Alison Krauss all over again. There is no better interpreter of song, no better vocal stylist today, than Alison Krauss. Not in any style, genre, or movement. The woman is amazing.

I first heard Alison when she was a teen prodigy (we're the same age -- actually she may be a year or two older). I saw her on TV and then bought her "Every Time You Say Goodbye" CD. She and her band have been among my favorite artists ever since.

Other good albums I've been listening to lately:

Amos Lee: Amos Lee
Derek Webb: I See Things Upside Down

And speaking of Derek Webb, if you're into concert DVD's, you should check out his new "How To Kill And Be Killed" DVD, which contains concert footage, and a thirty minute interview with topics ranging from the Church, to the writing process.

4 Comments:

At Wed Feb 01, 09:59:00 AM PST, Blogger Laura said...

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: Alison Kraus is alive to show humanity what the voices of the heavenly host will sound like.

 
At Thu Feb 02, 05:37:00 AM PST, Blogger Bobby said...

Thanks for the link. That's a great site!

 
At Thu Feb 02, 05:49:00 AM PST, Blogger Bobby said...

And I love the Indelible Grace stuff, man. I'll have to check out your solo project.

 
At Wed Feb 08, 07:33:00 AM PST, Blogger Bethany said...

I love her too...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home