Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Pinky and the Brain Quotes

I was digging through old emails and found these quotes that my homie Lorie and I traded a long time ago. They're from one of the greatest cartoons of all time: Pinky and The Brain. Lorie is Pinky and I am the Brain. Even if the rest of you see it differently. But anyway, enjoy. These quotes amuse me to no end:

Stepped on by a horse
B: That was unpleasant.

Walking into a doorframe
B: This is a pain which is going to linger.

Pinky has kicked him into the cage bars while doing his Russian danceP: Gee, Brain, what are you doing over there?
B: Pondering your afterlife, Pinky.

From "Bubba Bo Bob Brain"
B: Sometimes you make my head hurt, Pinky.

Walking into a doorframe (again)
B: Yes! This pain will definitely be with me.

From "Bubba Bo Bob Brain"
B: It must be inordinately taxing to be such a boob.
P: You have no idea.

To Pinky, while on stilts
B: If I could reach you, I would hurt you.

From "Opportunity Knox"
B: Yes, Pinky, that's it. We shall open a boutique and sell ladies' clothing and pollen.

Entering a bus station
Ticket Saleslady: You're a tall drink of water, aint'cha darlin'?
B: Actually, I'm a lab mouse on stilts.

After whacking Pinky with a test tube
B: I feel cleansed.

Pinky sees a similarly stupid looking horse
B: Dear God, they're multiplying.

From "When Mice Ruled the Earth"
B: Some mice have more evolving to do than others.

From "Meet John Brain"
B: Pinky, once I take over the world, remind me to publicly snub you.

Responding to a suggestion from Pinky
B: Brilliant, Pinky! Oh, no, wait. What if we want to use a plan that works?

From "The Helpinky Formula"
B: Remember, I'm not just the president of the Small Club for Men, I'm also a mouse planning world domination.

Introducing himself to TV land
B: And I am the Iconoclast, an unconventional eccentric who marches to a different drummer... [whacked on head] but you may call me Noodle Noggin.

Being squashed by a gold ingot
B: I am in intense pain.

B: It proved that radio was a powerful tool. And now, Pinky, the advance of technology has brought us an even more powerful tool. Do you know what that is?
P: Ummm... the rubber band?
B: The Workings of your mind are a mystery to me, Pinky.

B: Promise me something, Pinky. Never breed.
P: I'll try.

B: I am in intense pain, Pinky.
P: Ditto, Brain. Zort!

B: Pinky, I am in considerable pain.
P: Narf! Zort! Poit! Gat! I'm with you, Brain!

B: Here we are, Pinky--at the dawn of time!
P: Narf, Brain. Wake me at the noon of time.

B: Now, Pinky, if by any chance you are captured during this mission, remember you are Gunther Heindriksen from Appenzell. You moved to Grindelwald to drive the cog train to Murren. Can you repeat that?
P: Mmmm, no, Brain, don't think I can.

P: Egad! You astound me, Brain!
B: That's a simple task, Pinky.

B: Come here, Pinky, so that I may hurt you.

From "Brainie the Pooh," with Brain as the title character and Pinky as Pinklet
B: Pinklet, did it ever occur to you that that scarf may be constricting the flow of blood to your brain?
P: Oh, yes, it did, Brainie, but it keeps my neck all cozy warmy!

From the end of "Brain's Night Off," after a series of unsuccessful entertainment trips
B: Come, Pinky. We must return to the lab to prepare for tomorrow night.
P: Gee, Brain, what are we going to do tomorrow night?
B: The only thing I know how to have any fun doing. Trying to take over the world!

13 Comments:

At Tue Apr 11, 07:53:00 AM PDT, Blogger Kristi B. said...

umm...okay. Interesting. =) I obviously never got enough cartoons in as a kid...

 
At Tue Apr 11, 08:25:00 AM PDT, Blogger Bobby said...

If you ever see Pinky and the Brain, you will catch the fever. Someone will say to you, "I've got tickets on the 50-yard line for the Gamecocks tonight; want to come?"
And you'll say, "Naw, I don't want to miss an episode of Pinky and the Brain."
Especially if the Gamecocks are playing UofL. No sense in watching your team take a beating when you could be watching your favorite cartoon characters as they try to take over the world.

"Come here, Pinky, so that I may hurt you."

 
At Tue Apr 11, 01:20:00 PM PDT, Blogger Nikki Leigh Daniel said...

I don't get all of that. But I wanted to tell you that I decided to leave your last name as "Giles" on your blog link. I've always pronounced it "Gills" like "Girls" without the "R." So, I'm leaving it. And yes, you missed all of the action on the "Don't Date Him" post. Woah-it got crazy!!

 
At Tue Apr 11, 05:30:00 PM PDT, Blogger Laura said...

My dad and my brother still say "Norf" and "Poit" and "Zort" and "Troz" when the occasion warrants it. Which is often, naturally.

 
At Wed Apr 12, 05:46:00 AM PDT, Blogger Bobby said...

Laura: naturally. We would all get along better in this crazy world if more people would use clear, concise, peaceful language like that.

Nikki: Argh. But since you've already changed "Bobby" into "Bobs," I guess you may as well change the spelling of my last name.

All My Monkey Maniacs: Go to Nikki's blog to check out the controversy in the comments of her "Don't Date Him" post. It's something else. Someday I will actually get around to correcting the link to her blog in my template, but for now, just cut-and-paste this: http://covenant-woman.blogspot.com

 
At Wed Apr 12, 06:20:00 AM PDT, Blogger Kristi B. said...

Bobby, you seriously think a cartoon could keep me away from my Gamecocks? You underestimate my loyalty.... or else I underestimate the powers of Pinky and the Brain. We shall see! And, they won't get that beating this year--just wait and see.

 
At Wed Apr 12, 07:10:00 AM PDT, Blogger Lorie said...

Poor little Brain, always having his powers underestimated...what a great show. Those were the good ol' days.

Incidentally, I discovered Pinky and the Brain while I was going to school at USC! Go Gamecocks! Are you in school there, Kristi? I LOVED it. But, then again, that was back in "the day"...who knows what craziness kids are up to these days?

- Old Fogeyette

 
At Wed Apr 12, 08:23:00 AM PDT, Blogger Laura said...

I think "Poit" and "Troz" are my favorites.

They're Pinky and the Brain, Yes Pinky and the Brain!
One is a genius, the other's insane
To prove their mousy worth,
They'll overthrow the Earth
They're dinky, They're Pinky and the Brain, brain, brain, brain, brain, brain!
Norf!

 
At Wed Apr 12, 08:24:00 AM PDT, Blogger Laura said...

I may have that theme song wrong... it's been ten years since I've seen that show.

 
At Wed Apr 12, 08:25:00 AM PDT, Blogger Bobby said...

My favorite line in the theme song was "one is a genius; the other's insane."

Classic.

 
At Wed Apr 12, 08:31:00 AM PDT, Blogger Laura said...

OK, one last comment. I Googled "Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?" Replies:

P: I think so, Brain, but where are we going to find rubber pants our size?

P: I think so, Brain, but why would anyone want a depressed tongue?

P: I think so, Brain, but if we give peas a chance, won't that make lima beans feel left out?

P: I think so, Brain, but if you replaced the P with an O my name would be Oinky, wouldn't it?

 
At Fri Apr 14, 01:50:00 PM PDT, Blogger Katie said...

Ha, ha, as soon as i saw the title of this post i started singing the theme sons. Does that qualify me for some sort of sickness or really just plain genius?

 
At Fri Apr 14, 08:19:00 PM PDT, Blogger Bobby said...

It qualifies you as being cool. You're in the club!
And what do we do in this club? Try to take over the world!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home