Monday, October 30, 2006

Quote Of The Day

Last night, I and my posse saw Chris Thile and his How To Grow A Band band in concert at the Kentucky Center For The Arts. We were center stage, second row -- great seats.

Thile of course is the mandolin virtuoso of Nickel Creek. He is touring with a great group of pickers in support of his solo album, "How To Grow A Woman From The Ground."

Too many great songs and jams to mention, but for me, perhaps the highlight of the set was a cover of The Band's "Ophelia."

And now, here is a word for you:

"The early bird may get the worm, but it's the second mouse who gets the cheese."

4 Comments:

At Mon Oct 30, 06:54:00 AM PST, Blogger Lorie said...

That WAS a great concert... And "Ophelia" was my favorite, too---that Gabe boy can sing. My other favorite part was literally bumping into Chris (and it WAS an accident) at the merch table... :) Just kidding. Kind of.

 
At Mon Oct 30, 05:18:00 PM PST, Blogger Laura said...

Horrible, horrible jealousy.

Hey, I'm such a faithful commenter -- where are YOU on MY blog? Huh? Huh? Huh?

 
At Mon Oct 30, 07:40:00 PM PST, Blogger Unknown said...

I LOVE Nickel Creek...so glad you could go see Chris!

 
At Tue Oct 31, 08:46:00 AM PST, Blogger Tim Rice said...

I'm afraid I'm not very in on the current music scene so I can't really comment there. But that was a funny saying you threw in at the end. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home