Friday, November 17, 2006

Reality

The kids and I were doing our devotions last night and I was reading to them the story of David and Goliath, which of course I haven't read in awhile because I'm grown up, and smart, and deep, and experienced in the faith and, naturally, more blind than I think I am. And I came to this familiar part, read and memorized so many times in my childhood:

David said to the Philistine, "You come against me with sword and spear and javelin, but I come against you in the name of the LORD Almighty, the God of the armies of Israel, whom you have defied.

Isn't that amazing? It's so simple -- it doesn't matter what we're up against, because if we are in Christ, then whatever comes against us is not really against us, but against Christ. And who can stand against Christ? If God is for us, then who can be against us? What situation is not under His control? What can possibly happen that will not ultimately work for our good?

3 Comments:

At Fri Nov 17, 12:45:00 PM PST, Blogger Laura said...

Good stuff. Allow me to answer your (clearly rhetorical) questions:

1. Yes.
2. Nothing and no one, because God has placed everything under His feet.
3. Nothing and no one, because we are in Christ.
4. No situation.
5. Nothing.

It's a joy to reflect on those truths.

 
At Fri Nov 17, 03:50:00 PM PST, Blogger Tim Rice said...

Good thoughts to ponder.

 
At Fri Nov 17, 05:56:00 PM PST, Blogger jel said...

Very good, Thanks

something I need to read !


Blessings

 

Post a Comment

<< Home