Wednesday, April 04, 2007

My fellow Americans ...

I ask for your vote.

No, I'm not running for office.

Last year (actually it might have been the end of 2005) I wrote a hymn that, lyrically, was one of my favorites: He Grew The Tree. I was never satisfied with my music for it though. So recently I had an idea for how to redo the music to make it serve the lyrics better and be easier for a congregation to sing.

However, it then seemed to me that the demo would sound better with a female voice. So I brought in Lorie, because she can make anything sound good, and we made a demo that I think is one of the best that I've been a part of. Anyway, it's on the main page of my my music site, but I also posted it on sharesong.org. You can hear it on either site, and if you like it, please vote for it on sharesong for their "song of the month" poll so Lorie and I will get discovered and she will win American Idol and I will get to write the cheesy song that all the Idol winners are forced to sing on the finale and record for their first CD.

Well, actually that won't happen regardless but the more votes a song gets, the more other people say, "Hey, this song by that guy I've never heard of seems to be getting a lot of votes. Maybe I should listen to it." CLICK HERE for the sharesong "new music" page, and scroll down to see "You Grew The Tree" by Bobby Gilles.

2 Comments:

At Wed Apr 04, 09:59:00 AM PDT, Blogger Laura said...

I voted. Do I get one of those little stickers to wear around for the rest of the day?

 
At Wed Apr 04, 02:52:00 PM PDT, Blogger Bobby said...

No, sorry. If I'd have seen this comment sooner, than sure. But the day is already over so time has expired on the stickers.

Thanks for voting, though!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home