Thursday, July 19, 2007

Spanked at the public library

Yesterday at the Jeffersonville Library a really old lady with a cane was walking around, talking to people -- she seemed to be exhibiting some symptoms of, at the very least, senility, but harmlessly. Until she wandered over to me. She asked me to "bend over." I'm not making this up.

She had a really thick (I think German) accent so I didn't even understand her until she whacked me on the butt with her cane (very lightly -- the little old thing didn't have much strength). Then she said, "I said bend over. What do you think this thing (the cane) is for?" and wandered off to talk with someone else. I was the only one who received a spanking. Everyone else just got a stern talking-to.

I was only trying to look up a book on the computer index. I meant no harm.

10 Comments:

At Thu Jul 19, 10:58:00 AM PDT, Blogger Emily said...

Oh WOW! that is so hilarious... I'm actually off the local library right now... hopefully sans the spanking! :)

 
At Thu Jul 19, 10:48:00 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Something like this is probably a sign that you are having a bad day.

That is so funny! But I probably wouldn't be laughing as much if it were my rear end getting whacked.

 
At Fri Jul 20, 06:30:00 AM PDT, Blogger Laura said...

Umm... this is just weird, Gilles. I mean weird. I'm not entirely sure I would spread a story like this in the general populace. That's how rumors get started.

 
At Fri Jul 20, 09:24:00 AM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You left out the part where you made suggestive hand gestures and winked...was that intentional or merely and oversight?

 
At Fri Jul 20, 09:26:00 AM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok, obviously I meant "an" oversight. Editing. That function would be nice.

 
At Fri Jul 20, 09:45:00 AM PDT, Blogger Bobby said...

Ha, Sarah. You tried to get smart and you fell victim to grammatical carelessness. Let that be a lesson to you.

 
At Sat Jul 21, 11:20:00 AM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Only you Robert... LOL

 
At Thu Aug 02, 08:36:00 PM PDT, Blogger JLR said...

hahahahaha! That beats any of the odd people I've ever seen at the public library, and I've seen a lot.

 
At Wed Aug 22, 08:34:00 AM PDT, Blogger Bethany said...

seriously LOL

 
At Tue Sep 25, 06:22:00 PM PDT, Blogger Tim Rice said...

Funny experience! But it makes a story to tell. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home