Wednesday, March 02, 2005

New Look, New Features

B-Dog here.
I finally figured out how to add links to the site. I had to change my whole template -- hence the new look.
Check out these links, people. Most are blogs, and each has its own feel. Want great film reviews on titles like "Garden State," or social commentary, or theological insights? Check out Alex Forrest's blog.
Want to hear some funny stories, hang out with a chick that gets more traffic in her blog than most cities get on Main Street, and occasionally read something moving and heartfelt? Guitar Chick Nikki's your girl (well, not your girl. Maybe Bert's girl. Who knows? You will, if you hang your hat in her wacky blog for a bit.
For some (I promise you) really cool photos, visit with Dr. Tom Branch, who previously won a can of corn on this site, though he didn't claim it on time (it is up for grabs again to the first person who visits my Dylan review and says "I don't care about Dylan, but I'd like some corn.")
And then there is my little pal Lorie King, who has a brand new blog that I'm sure will be as witty as she is (if that is possible).
Also check out my link to Nickel Creek. How does one describe NC? Let me try: Progressive Acoustic Indie Contemporary Folk Newgrass Alt. Country/pop. with Celtic, jazz, rock, and classical influences. Or something like that.
Last, check out Harold Best's insightful articles on worship and music. It may change the way you view both.
And check back here from time to time; I may add some more links in the near future. And I have some posts on tap for the next week that will improve your cool-quotient. You will be positively reaking of coolness. Reaking. So don't forget to shower.

5 Comments:

At Thu Mar 03, 06:34:00 AM PST, Blogger Lorie said...

Oh, the PRESSURE to now be not only "witty" but "incomparable" in my own little corner of Blogland! Yikes!

I did figure out how to post a picture...well, kind of.

 
At Thu Mar 03, 07:19:00 AM PST, Blogger Bobby said...

Since you're not giving away canned vegetables on your site, you had better be witty and incomparable.

That picture of you and the cat in Cyprus is so cute! I have a picture of me in a cowboy hat, looking like a mighty warrior of the plains. One of these days I'm going to figure out how to show it.

 
At Thu Mar 03, 12:56:00 PM PST, Blogger Nikki Leigh Daniel said...

Bobby-
aawwww!! Thanks for the kind words about my blog! aawwww!

Dang...maybe I should try to do door prizes too. You've got the can 'o corn covered. Maybe I'll try to give away...like a...maybe...something like...hm?...OH! I'll give away a picture of Derek Webb in high school with a mullet! Seriously, a friend of mine actually has that picture. He was in a band with Derek in high school. And Derek has a mullet. I'll see what I can do and (if I won't get sued) I'll post it on my blog! Mwah-haha!

 
At Thu Mar 03, 12:57:00 PM PST, Blogger Nikki Leigh Daniel said...

And why are you two posting so early in the morning?! Especially you, Lorie! 6:34AM?! I go to bed at like...6:33am.

 
At Fri Mar 04, 05:39:00 AM PST, Blogger Bobby said...

Nikki: I suspect something is amiss with my time stamp. Like maybe it's set to Pacific time or something. Most likely Lorie was posting at 9:34 rather than 6:34. But I'm too technologically ignorant to figure out how to reset the time stamp for EST.

Derek Webb with a mullet! LOL! Now THAT would be quite a prize.

Speaking of Derek Webb, next week's song analysis column will be about "Mystery Of Mercy" by Caedmon's Call.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home