Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Bah Humbug

So the day after Christmas I tried to start my car. No avail. Wouldn't start. Couldn't jump it either. I had to have it towed to a mechanic, who discovered my starter was gone.

$277.00

I'm thinking of going up to everyone I bought presents for and saying there was a terrible mistake, Santa needs the presents back. Then I'll return them and recoup my losses.

Or maybe not.

But there is no getting around the fact that I need wheels, so I had the new starter put in. Oh well.

Just had to vent. Soon I'll get on to part two of the songwriting series.

3 Comments:

At Wed Dec 28, 08:11:00 PM PST, Blogger Bobby said...

I'm excited for you about your new job!

 
At Wed Dec 28, 09:08:00 PM PST, Blogger G. F. McDowell said...

Was the starter stolen or just there-but-dead?

 
At Thu Dec 29, 04:21:00 AM PST, Blogger Bobby said...

Oh ... it was just dead. I had to reread my post to figure out what you were talking about.

"I had to have it towed to a mechanic, who discovered my starter was gone."

Hahaha! I didn't catch that when I wrote it. Wouldn't that have been funny, if the mechanic had looked at the car, scratched his head, looked over at me, and said, "Boy, you ain't got a starter at all"?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home