Thursday, January 11, 2007

Two New Songs

I now have two new song demos, the first two songs on the list you'll see by clicking HERE.

The first, Boundless, Timeless, Ever-Faithful God, you may remember. I posted the lyrics on this blog before I had written music for it, a month or two ago.

The second is a new one I wrote with Lorie, a little gospel-hymn. We wrote the lyrics over email and I wrote the music and recorded it last night. Perhaps eventually she'll sing the demo but this one will do for now ...

Here are the lyrics:

You Will Find Me Working For You
87.87D meter

You will find me working for You
On the day that You return,
Or until death sends me to You,
Though there’s nothing I could earn.
You brought love to me -- a rebel.
You adopted, You forgave.
I will do the same for others
Till You come or till the grave.

Lord, You bathed me in Your mercy,
Washed away the stench of death.
Then You clothed me with compassion
And You led me to Your rest.
Now, You ask me to bring comfort
To the wounded I should meet.
It’s the very least I could do
For the grace You’ve given me.

I know You will come descending
On the clouds to beckon me.
Or You’ll guide me ‘cross death’s waters
And You’ll calm the raging sea.
Just as You have called me to You,
And You’ve promised heaven’s shore,
I will take this hopeful promise
To the lost, the lame, the poor.

You will find me working for You
On the day that You return …

3 Comments:

At Thu Jan 11, 09:56:00 AM PST, Blogger revolutionrevolution said...

Good hymn. Meets the criteria for all hymns: Proclaims the truth of God, follows an every-other line rhyme scheme, has at least one shortened word ('cross, like heav'n). Did really enjoy it. The song hits me hard that I need to love people more than I do, but the great thing is it doesn't directly tell me that. I think the good hymns are great at that, because they were more of the proclaiming kind. This one is like that too. Good hymn.

By the way, this is Joshua Coffman.

 
At Thu Jan 11, 10:26:00 AM PST, Blogger Bobby said...

Thanks! And I'm glad you found me over in this neck of the woods.

 
At Thu Jan 11, 10:27:00 AM PST, Blogger Bobby said...

P.S. Yeah, we hymn-writers love those artificially shortened words because it helps us make the meter fit. 8-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home