Thursday, March 17, 2005

Harmonica Man Heading Down The Narrow Path

So yesterday my son Garrett took one of my harmonicas to school for Show And Tell. He told the class that his daddy can play harmonica and guitar at the same time! Now there are about 20 little kids who are amazed at my rather humble musical skills. Like I have special powers or something: faster than a jive monkey; stronger than spoiled milk ... I am -- Harmonica Man! (of course, the irony of this is that I really am a super hero. A Nightrider. See Nightrider post for proof.)

I will be traveling incognito (though I'm supposed to have bells on) to see Chad Lewis and Nikki Tatom at the Narrow Path Listening Room tomorrow at 7 pm. Yes, my peeps, that's "Guitar Chick Nikki From Sunday Nights," and you can read more about the concert at her blog, which is listed to the right of this column in my links section. Sounds like it will be a cool show. Nikki will be performing some originals, and PLUS, the artists that she has said she will be covering are all Jive To The Monkey-approved artists.

Also check out www.chadlewis.net for more about the headliner of tomorrow's show. His music sounds interesting, so it should be a Hot Time In The Old Town.

In fact, so sure am I of this, that I am going to dedicate my latest prize giveaway in the service of this show. I have, here in my prize bag, a brand spankin' new Frog pen. It writes. It has a frog head on it. AND it has two little arms on the side. The frog is wearing boxing gloves, and there is a lever on the back that lets him swing his little arms and punch objects. Be the envy of all your friends! Strike people who anger you! Avoid getting in trouble by telling them that it wasn't you, it was the frog! Run like crazy if they try to pummel you! Scream for help when they do!

All you have to do is be the first person to spot me at the show tomorrow night, and announce to me: "I'm here and I want the Frog pen."

By the way, The Narrow Path is located at 1829 Bardstown Road, but like I said, more info is available on Nikki's site (and for those who haven't noticed, I've added several new blogs to my list of Jive To The Monkey-approved links. Check them out).

9 Comments:

At Thu Mar 17, 12:09:00 PM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Man, I don't know who you are! The agony! How I long for a frong pen! It's been my deepest longing since I was a wee lass. I suppose I'll have to say, 'I'm here and I want the frog pen,' to every guy that walks through the door. Not great for business, having a frog pen crazed girl behind the counter, but I'm sure John won't mind.

 
At Thu Mar 17, 12:28:00 PM PST, Blogger Bobby said...

I shall enter wearing a vintage 1940's charcoal wool coat. I will be in jeans, black b'ball shoes, and my magic black, button-down shirt with white stripes that Christ Davis wants to steal from me. He wants to steal my shirt, just as the Frenchies want to steal my gold.

There is a picture of me on my Sojourn website profile, but I am wearing a hat. I do not normally wear a hat. I would have a picture of me on this site if I could figure out how. If I were smart enough to have a picture ON MY OWN BLOG!

Be advised that, although my profile here correctly states I am 33, in person I look MUCH younger. And incredibly debonair. Good luck winning the frog.

 
At Thu Mar 17, 01:25:00 PM PST, Blogger Lorie said...

I ain't never heered of no "frong" pen, but I'd shur like to get my hands on a FROG PEN!

But, apparently, so would everyone else and, frankly, I've had enough of frantic fighting females in the last ten bouquet tosses I've been a part of as a single woman, so...have at it.

B-Dog, you need a jean jacket. And I can totally tell you how to get a picture up on your blog!

 
At Thu Mar 17, 08:55:00 PM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh sad, I've been caught by Ms. King! Forgive me, my mind works faster than my fingers.

And Cheryl, you can't get much closer to the door than behind the counter. Unless you want to be the bouncer. Oooh, that'd be fun. Come with sunglasses and a stern look and maybe John will let you be security.

 
At Fri Mar 18, 05:30:00 AM PST, Blogger Bobby said...

Lorie: please totally tell me.

Also, you are correct about the jean jacket. I have been looking, but haven't found one that matches my two qualifications: 1. inexpensive 2. Not cheap

I want it to look cool, too. So far my searches have been unfruitful.

E: we've all been King'ed a time or two (well, it's daily for Cheryl and Tom). She is a spelling bully. And now, you are just another victim.

 
At Fri Mar 18, 08:29:00 AM PST, Blogger Bobby said...

Scrappy little thing, ain't she?

 
At Fri Mar 18, 11:04:00 AM PST, Blogger Bobby said...

If we can just keep leading her to believe that she is our friend, we may be able to stave off her wrath.

 
At Fri Mar 18, 09:29:00 PM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I won the pen!!! I feel cool. It was great seeing all of you. Wasn't Nikki fantastic? I wish I could've seen it all, but at least I could hear everything.

I think this pen might just amuse me for months. Or maybe I'm sleep deprived and it'll pass by the morning. For now, despite his crippled arm (which I think is what I get for leaving him on the counter unattended to), this little frog dude rocks. Time to avenge my father's death! Not really.

I'm getting kinda loopy. Thanks B-Dog. Night all.

 
At Sun Mar 20, 08:54:00 AM PST, Blogger Bobby said...

You're welcome. It was great to meet you! I hope you and you're boxing frog have lots of fun together.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home