Thursday, April 14, 2005

Psychoanalysis of Nickname "Love Caddy B-Dog, The Forlorn Moonpuppy

So as I see it, here is the hidden meaning that my subconscious imparted in choosing this nickname (see previous post, people):

Love Caddy: Well, a golf caddy is someone who carries golf junk, right? So I carry love. Love to you folks, all my Monkey Maniacs. Yes, I am the Caddy of Love.

B-Dog: Because I am B-Dog. I just am. I am and you can't say I'm not because I can be who I wanna be.

Forlorn: From the dictionary: "Forlorn: lonely and sad; forsaken." Been there; done that. Actually, my picture was next to the entry (yes, the one with the goofball hat). But I am a chipper forlorn. Not a morose forlorn. So very chipper. As befitting my superhero status.

Moon: Because I am a poet, and a romantic. Everyone knows we romantic poets love the moon. Also, I may be a werewolf. I don't know. I keep waking up with wolf hair all over my bed. From "The Wolf Man" starring Lon Chaney, Jr.:
"Even a man who is pure in heart,
and says his prayers by night,
May become a wolf when the wolfsbane blooms
and the full moon is bright."

Puppy: See, that goes back to the whole "B-Dog" thing. Because "Dog" speaks to the fact that I am a man, whereas "puppy" testifies of my boyish playfullness. A man-boy. Or, as Muddy Waters sang it, "Mannish Boy."

There you go, people. Love Caddy B-Dog, The Forlorn Moonpuppy, your hero. But remember, since we are pals, you can just call me "B-Dog".

11 Comments:

At Thu Apr 14, 10:32:00 AM PDT, Blogger Bobby said...

We DO have layers. Although I would rather be a vampire than a werewolf. Sigh. I guess that's another reason that I'm feeling forlorn. I wanted the Dark Gift, but I ended up being more like a Wookie.

 
At Thu Apr 14, 10:35:00 AM PDT, Blogger Tom said...

What about parfaits, everyone loves parfaits. No one likes onions.

 
At Thu Apr 14, 10:46:00 AM PDT, Blogger Bobby said...

Tom: Unless I am completely missing something that I wrote or that someone else mentioned, your comment is truly bizzare.

Not that there's anything wrong with that ....

Cheryl: I'd never looked at it that way before. 8-)=

 
At Thu Apr 14, 11:51:00 AM PDT, Blogger Lorie said...

TOM! YOU spelled "parfaits" correctly. It brings a tear to my eye...

And I LOVE that you guys are quoting Shrek! That movie is hilarious. So I totally got it. And Bobby, you have no excuse as the father of three small boys! Where have you been?!

 
At Thu Apr 14, 12:01:00 PM PDT, Blogger Bobby said...

I've been forlorn, baying at the moon.

I too love Shrek, especially Shrek 2. And I love "Accidentally In Love" by the Counting Crows.

I didn't recognize the quote.

"Awww, look at his little boots."

 
At Thu Apr 14, 12:37:00 PM PDT, Blogger Bobby said...

Not much in life is truly wee.

 
At Thu Apr 14, 02:13:00 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the break down B-dog. You are one complex dude (werewolf, vampire or whatever you are this week). Hope your week is going well. Seizure later...

 
At Thu Apr 14, 07:20:00 PM PDT, Blogger Tom said...

Yeah you did not know it was Shrek? It was a whole scene with onions, layers, and parfaits oh my!

 
At Fri Apr 15, 04:46:00 AM PDT, Blogger Bobby said...

I don't recall the scene. Perhaps the fact that I like Shrek, yet don't remember that scene, is further proof of my complexity.

But really, I'm a simple hoosier. I just want the basics out of life. And regarding what I may or may not turn into during a full moon: Who is to say? Who is to judge? Live and let live, I say.

Sincerly,
Love Caddy B-Dog, The Forlorn Moonpuppy

 
At Fri Apr 15, 06:58:00 AM PDT, Blogger Lorie said...

I think your analysis is a bunch of...

...bologna.

I'll give you my professional opinion later.

Not much in life is truly wee
Save boots and ants and kids and me!

 
At Fri Apr 15, 10:44:00 AM PDT, Blogger Bobby said...

Cheryl: correct. You have remembered well. But the stylist must have been wrong. I am not wee. I am big and mighty.

Lorie: You have thrown down the gauntlet. Let's see if you can back it up, tough girl.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home