Monday, July 25, 2005

Swim Party at the Anderson's

After Sojourn last evening I went to the home of Joel The Metro and Amanda (who has to get a cool nickname. I'm thinking.) The pool was open and the water was great. The Nightriders were living in style. Then things got ugly.

We were playing a game of keep-away frisbee. First, Nature Boy Jason accidentally popped Pinhead Stacey in the nose. He is her fiance. This is important to remember, in light of soon-to-be-reported dastardly actions.

Then, a 7-person fight broke out over the frisbee. Lots of hands grasping. "Seizure Later" Will did a belly spash on top of everyone except me (who was hanging back, lurking, awaiting my chance) and almost got the frisbee for himself. Then, I entered the fray, attempting to use my formidable wrestling skills to sever all hands from the frisbee. But one hand was particularly determined, so I gave up on the Greco-Roman stuff and pulled an old Hulk Hogan maneuver -- I bit the stuffing out of that hand. Which turned out to be Pinhead Stacey's. Not a good day for a pinhead. She let go, and the frisbee was mine!

A little bit later, something happened for which I wish there was a video camera. Jason picked Stacey up in a fireman's carry (her body was lying across both his shoulders). Then, he climbed out onto the top of the deck with her. He was gonna SLAM her into the water! I started clapping and shouting "Do it! Do it!"

Now, for the record ... I didn't think he was really gonna do it. I thought he was just teasing/ scaring her. So I was attempting to add to the scare by shouting for him to cream her. I just didn't think he really would.

He did. BAM! Little girl went down! Down into the water! SPLASH! In pro wrestling lingo, we call the move he did to her the "Death Valley Driver." It was truly spectacular. But then she had to get out of the pool because her nose was burning with water, and she wouldn't get back in. I suppose there are always casualties when it comes to pool parties. This was the most awesome looking move since I did a flying body splash off the deck onto Joel the Metro, who was lying on his back on top of four floatie rafts.

You see, this is what makes the Nightriders such a formidable crime-fighting team -- our intense pool-sparring sessions.

P.S. For the record: I didn't really chomp down hard when I bit the pinhead. It was just a warning bite. But I don't think her fiance held anything back when he gave her the Death Valley Driver. YOWZA! You don't mess with the Nature Boy.

But I have a feeling that some day soon I'll be writing a column called "Revenge of the Pinhead." She's scary.

10 Comments:

At Mon Jul 25, 10:01:00 AM PDT, Blogger Nikki Leigh Daniel said...

Seizure later.

haha!

Oh, and remind me to never swim with you! Dang!

 
At Mon Jul 25, 10:03:00 AM PDT, Blogger Nikki Leigh Daniel said...

Oh, and now Pinhead Stacey has a fan. It's me. I'm totally rooting for her to get her fiance back!! You should write a post with ideas for her to gain revenge...now THAT would be entertaining!

 
At Mon Jul 25, 12:12:00 PM PDT, Blogger Bobby said...

Nikki, Nikki, Nikki. You don't know how vile Pinhead is. Just because we would cream her doesn't mean we would hurt a good-natured waif like yourself.

Then again, you're so tiny -- I bet you could be launched VERY HIGH into the air ....

 
At Mon Jul 25, 01:06:00 PM PDT, Blogger Nikki Leigh Daniel said...

Haha...you have NO idea about my strength. Seriously, I've ripped the arm holes in my shirt before when I flexed my bicep. Seriously.

 
At Mon Jul 25, 01:12:00 PM PDT, Blogger Bobby said...

Were you wearing a shirt from one of your babysitting kids?

What did the parents think when you ripped the tyke's shirt?

 
At Mon Jul 25, 01:46:00 PM PDT, Blogger Tom said...

OK there now She-Hulk behave :)

 
At Mon Jul 25, 05:36:00 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The pool party was great, and then topped off by excellant food. Thanks for the break down of the party B-dog. Awesome! Until next time, Seizure later...

 
At Wed Jul 27, 07:37:00 AM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your days are numbered, Robert. You'd better start watching how you talk about your "friends".

 
At Wed Jul 27, 07:52:00 AM PDT, Blogger Bobby said...

My nickname is not Robert. It is B-Dog. Love Caddy B-Dog, The Forlorn Moonpuppy.

And bring it on. Have you forgotten about the biting? Do you not suppose there's more where that came from? I'll scratch the FIRE out of you!

 
At Wed Jul 27, 05:13:00 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

He will too, Stacey. He's just that crazy. I think he has his nails sharpened at the mall along with his two teeth. Well, ya know he's part vampire anyway. Freak! Seizure later...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home